Cannabis.org (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.cannabis.org website (our “Website”). We take your privacy very seriously, and are committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, protection, use, cookies, maintenance, and disclosure of personal data when you access and use our Website https://www.cannabis.org, and the choices you have associated with that data. This informs we may collect information:
- On this Website
- In email, text messages, and other electronic messages between you and this Website
- In Phone conversations and customer support
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Cannabis.org or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, time zones and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Additionally, as you browse our Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to at our Website, and information about how you interact with our Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Personal DataWhile using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone(Telephone) number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Any other identifier from which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”)
- Information about you but does not personally identify you specifically
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service (including our newsletter), making orders for products, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through third-party service providers and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain these small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Cannabis.org, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- Create metrics and a Key Performance Index (KPI) to track and improve our Website
- Monitor our Website for valuable information and analysis so that we can improve our Website
- Speed up your searches
- Provide you a better customer experience
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Cannabis.org uses the collected data for other various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer through it
- To fulfill orders placed through use of our Website including payment processing, shipping arrangements and providing you with confirmations and invoices
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and Cannabis.org, including for billing and collection purposes
- To provide you with products, services, and information you request from us
- To monitor usage and speed times of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To fulfill any other purpose with your information and any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.You can opt out of targeted advertising by:COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING- https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Cannabis.org
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of our Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to info@Cannabis.org
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to info@Cannabis.org
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- By email: contact@Cannabis.org
- By mail: 9153 Reseda Blvd, CA 91324, United States
Last Modification Date: October 12th, 2021