There is no doubt that delta 8 THC is a fast-growing industry throughout the country, offering a unique way to experience properties distinctive to the hemp plant. Delta 8 is a minor cannabinoid, which means that it occurs in hemp in only trace levels. But now we have delta8-specific products thanks to our ability to isolate and concentrate this cannabinoid so that we can feel its effects in a more potent way.
Most notably, delta 8 is a psychoactive compound, but only mildly so compared to delta 9 THC. Delta-8 products exist in various delivery methods, much like CBD. If you’re a Virginia resident, you might be wondering how you can get your hands on this exciting cannabinoid to try out its effects for yourself.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Virginia?
Yes, because Virginia sticks to the federal law when it comes to matters pertaining to the hemp plant. Federal law protects delta 8 THC as a result of the Farm Bill which was passed by Congress in 2018. The bill became law that year, determining that the hemp plant, including its individual cannabinoids, are legal as long as no hemp product on the market contains more than 0.3% delta 9 THC.
In this state, therefore, you are free to use delta 8 as you’d like, in any form, strength, and possession amount. In short, you can legally maintain a routine on your terms.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Delta 8 products come in a wide range of formulas and delivery methods, just like CBD. Here is where we will cover the most popular forms in which you can buy delta-8.
- Vape Cartridges: Pre-filled, replaceable cartridges that come in various strains and strengths, and attach to a standard low-wattage vape pen device.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Maintenance-free vaping systems with a charged battery and filled cartridge, and they also come in a variety of strains and strengths.
- Tinctures: Allow us to absorb delta 8 through the sublingual tissue beneath the tongue for gentle but long-lasting effects. They come in many different strengths and arrive in dropper bottles for easy dosing.
- Edibles: Come in many flavors and potency levels in order to ingest the delta-8 properly.
- Capsules: Encapsulated delta 8 oil, which also promote many hours of effects while absorbing more quickly than edibles. Select from an array of concentrations.
- Dabs: Concentrates, which are very potent hemp products with high levels of delta 8 THC. They are used with a dabbing device as they are inhaled, and they are probably better for experienced users due to the high strengths.
- Flower: CBD flower that is infused with delta 8 concentrate. Available in countless strains, you can choose between loose buds and pre-rolls.
- Topicals: Absorb through the skin and stay localized to the deep tissue of the body, thus not being psychoactive.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 THC in Virginia?
When shopping for delta 8 THC, you can either try to find it in-person, or you can shop for it online. Shopping for delta 8 online, however, is more likely to leave you with a satisfying experience for these various reasons.
When you shop for delta 8 online, you have access to a wider selection of products to choose from. This is paramount, as it ensures that you’re able to develop a routine based on your most precise preferences and needs.
Usually, when you buy delta 8 online, you’ll find that the prices are lower, not because the products are of a lower quality, but because online companies don’t have to compensate for the high overhead costs that come with running a physical business location.
Online companies are more competitive with one another, and they have to therefore maintain higher quality standards than physical stores to be taken seriously by the community of hemp enthusiasts. In short, this means that you’re more likely to end up with quality products when shopping online.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online companies offer more discounts and special offers to customers in order to move inventory at as fast of a rate as possible.
When you buy delta 8 online, you’ll have access to fresher inventory because of the faster turnover rates that come with existing in the online marketplace. This means that the product is more likely to be effective, as delta-8 degrades with age.
Bulk Buying Options
If you want to buy a high volume of product, online shopping is your best bet. Online companies let you buy in bulk, while saving money, because they can store more inventory.
Buying delta 8 online is a more convenient way to go about acquiring the cannabinoid, because you do not need to leave your home to end up with quality products.
Why In-Person Shopping May Not Be Ideal
From the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach to the urban landscapes of Richmond, it’s possible that you may come across delta 8 THC being sold in stores in your neighborhood, such as gas stations or vape shops. In reality, it is best to avoid delta 8 in these places of business. These companies do not specialize in hemp products, and therefore may not know how to confirm that they are selling high-quality products.
Also, if local demand for delta 8 happens to be low, then you’ll be at risk of buying a product that has been sitting on the shelf for a very long time.
Continue Getting the Best Outta Delta 8 in the Old Dominion State
Now that you know that delta 8 is fully legal throughout Virginia, you can start crafting your routine in order to experience the cannabinoid on your terms. Delta-8 exists in various forms throughout this state, but your best bet for obtaining it is to shop online, where you’re more likely to end up with the quality level that you deserve for a totally satisfactory experience.