Throughout the state of Maryland, such as places like Baltimore or Frederick, more residents are exploring the unique properties of the hemp plant, and mainly its dominant cannabinoid, CBD. Cannabidiol is not the only compound in hemp that’s worth exploring, however. A newer addition to the hemp market is delta 8 THC, which binds to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system while producing mildly psychoactive effects. Delta 8 is a minor cannabinoid, but we have now extracted it in a way that lets us experience its properties in a more concentrated way.
We know that the laws regarding the hemp plant can be quite confusing, as they seem to change frequently, and because they can vary from state to state. So, we’ll cover that aspect as well as where to buy the best-quality delta 8 that’s on the market today.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Maryland?
Delta 8 THC may seem like a compound that would be illegal throughout the country, but it is not. The Farm Bill of 2018 legalized hemp and its derivatives on a federal level, thus allowing people to explore any hemp product that was shown to contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Some states have gone ahead and banned delta 8, but Maryland does not happen to be one of those states.
To get more specific, MD law allows people to use delta 8 in any formulation or delivery method, without any limit on the amount that they can possess, or the concentration of delta 8 in a particular product. Therefore, residents of the state are free to explore various ways to incorporate this cannabinoid into their routine.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
One thing that delta 8 and CBD share in common is that they come in many of the same forms and delivery methods. We are now going to cover the most popular types of delta 8 products on the market, all of which are perfectly legal according to Maryland law. This will help you come up with a more personalized routine to enjoy your delta-8 experience.
- Vape Cartridges: Easy to use, disposable, and fast-acting. They come in all kinds of desirable strains and concentrations, conveniently pre-filled, and compatible with any standard low-wattage vape pen with a 510-threaded connection.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Most user-friendly choice for inhaling the compound, arriving fully charged and assembled, and containing the perfect amount of delta 8 e-liquid. You do not need to recharge or refill these devices. Plus, these devices come in numerous strains and milligram strengths.
- Tinctures: You can find delta 8 tinctures in all kinds of milligram strengths and flavors. They are administered orally, below the tongue, in order to absorb through the sublingual tissue. Also come packaged in dropper bottles, which makes dosing easy.
- Edibles: Available in different flavors so that you can satisfy your taste buds, and the effects can last for up to a whopping 10 hours.
- Capsules: Usually consists of no more than delta 8 extract and a carrier oil, which can be found in a wide range of milligram strengths. Delta-8 gel caps are easy to take and produce long-lasting effects, much like edibles.
- Dabs: Dabbing delta 8 means to vape or smoke a concentrate using a special type of device. These products are highly potent and are better for experienced delta-8 users.
- Flower: Raw hemp buds infused with pure delta-8 concentrate, and they can be smoked, vaporized, or used to produce edibles. Available in a rich array of desirable strains.
- Topicals: Used for localized issues, as the compound does not cross the blood brain barrier to produce intoxicating effects.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Maryland?
We strongly believe that buying it online is the way to go, for reasons we’ll get into now. Keep in mind that it’s completely legal to purchase delta 8 online and have it shipped to your home in MD.
When you shop for delta 8 online, you have access to an enormous selection of products containing the cannabinoid, so you can customize your routine with your exact preferences in mind. Buying delta 8 in person can leave you with a disappointingly limited selection.
Another advantage is lower prices. Online retailers don’t need to maintain physical buildings, which brings down overhead costs. Thus, they can sell products more cheaply.
Usually, you’ll discover higher-quality goods online, because online retailers have more competition with one another. This means that you are more likely to find a product that can meet your needs when shopping through online retail.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers are usually more generous when it comes to special offers and discounts because they need to move inventory more quickly while being competitive on a crowded market.
In most cases, the delta 8 that you will find online is fresher, and therefore more potent. This is because online retailers have faster product turnover rates due to having more customers.
Bulk Buying Options
Usually, you can buy in bulk online, at a discounted price, in order to stock up while saving money. Online retailers can hold more inventory, which is why this option exists.
If you want convenience, go with online shopping, as you can buy delta-8 products from the comfort of your couch.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
We are not saying that all delta 8 sold in places like Laurel or Annapolis is “bad,” but the reality is that you are more likely to have a positive experience by buying online. Buying delta 8 in-person may leave you with product that’s lacking in freshness and quality, while being more expensive. Furthermore, the selection will likely be disappointingly limited.
Enjoy Your Delta 8 in the Birthplace of the National Anthem
If you live in Maryland, rest assured that it is totally legal to explore delta 8 in all of its various forms. Therefore, you can go shopping for the perfect delta 8 product and start a routine at your convenience. Ultimately, we recommend that if you shop for delta-8 that you buy it online and have it shipped to your door.