More hemp enthusiasts are eagerly exploring delta 8 THC, the latest cannabinoid to explode on the scene, with properties quite unique from other cannabinoids that we’ve experienced. Delta 8 is a compound that results from degraded delta 9 THC, maintaining some of the intoxicating effects of its predecessor cannabinoid while being much milder. Delta-8 is now formulated in all kinds of delivery methods thanks to our new ability to isolate and concentrate the compound to really feel its effects like never before.
If you live in the state of Maine, you may be confused as to whether or not delta 8 is actually legal. And we don’t blame you, because state laws on hemp can be confusing, and can change frequently, no matter if you live in Augusta or Bangor.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Maine?
To answer the question as simply as possible, yes, delta 8 is legal in Maine because like most states around the country, they adhere to the 2018 Farm Bill. This piece of federal legislation states that hemp and its derivatives can be sold and purchased legally as long as they have a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC.
It is true that a small handful of states have banned delta 8 completely, and other states have restrictions on specific types of hemp products. However, Maine isn’t one of those states. You can freely explore various delivery methods in which delta 8 is available in, and there are no limits on the amount of delta8 that you can possess at any given time.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Delta 8 comes in a wide variety of delivery methods and formulations, as does CBD. Let’s now go over the most popular types of delta-8 products on the market, which are all completely legal in the state of Maine. This way, you will have an easier time forming a routine based on your personal preferences.
- Vape Cartridges: Quite possibly, delta 8 vape carts are the most popular way to experience the compound. This design consists of a small glass cartridge containing delta-8 e-liquid, requiring no refilling as it is disposable. Available in a wide range of popular strains and milligram strengths.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Easy to use, don’t need to be charged or filled at any time. They are all-in-one systems that are disposable, and you can purchase them in different milligram strengths and strains.
- Tinctures: Consist of delta 8 concentrate that has been diluted in a carrier oil. You can choose from an enormous array of strengths and flavors, and they are administered below the tongue in order to absorb through the sublingual tissue.
- Edibles: Great choice because they produce up to 8 to 10 hours of effects in the body due to the nature of ingesting the cannabinoid. Delta 8 edible products are commonly found in a gummy candy form, but other options exist, including chocolates and honey sticks. Select from various flavors and milligram strengths.
- Capsules: Like edibles, they last for a long time in the body. Usually contain no more than delta 8 extract and a carrier oil, and you can choose from a wide range of concentrations.
- Dabs: Used with dabbing devices that either let you smoke or vaporize the product. They are highly concentrated forms of delta 8 which’re extremely potent, and not as suitable for beginners.
- Flower: Anyone looking for a more natural hemp experience should try flower, which consists of raw CBD flower buds infused with delta 8 extract. You can find them in all kinds of popular strains, and vape, smoke, or cook with them.
- Topicals: More for localized relief, as the compound stays local to the area of application. Therefore, they are not known for being psychoactive.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Maine?
Yes, you may find some products in-person around your area, but ultimately, buying it online is the way to go, and here are some key reasons why.
When shopping for delta 8 online, you can explore countless formulas that exist on the market, so that you can really finetune your routine according to your more specific needs. In-person store selections tend to be extremely limited by comparison.
By purchasing delta 8 online, you can enjoy better prices, in most cases. Online retailers do not have the overhead costs associated with running a physical store, and so they can sell the products for lower prices.
Delta 8 that is sold online may be made with higher standards in terms of quality, because online retail is far more competitive than the delta-8 market in your neighborhood.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
You will find that online retailers regularly offer special promotions that result in serious savings. This is one way they compete with other companies out there and ensure that they can move product more quickly.
It is important to have fresh delta 8, as age can cause it to lose its potency. Online retail typically offers fresher product due to faster turnover rates that come from having a wider audience.
Bulk Buying Options
Buying in bulk can save you money, and online retailers typically offer this more than physical stores, because they have room to store more inventory.
Choosing the online shopping route gives you the convenience of not having to leave your home to buy delta 8.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
You may come across some quality delta 8 in the state of Maine, but you’re less likely to really find the level of quality you’re looking for. Delta 8 sold in local stores in your area may have been sitting on the shelf for a long time and may end up costing more money due to the overhead costs of these businesses.
Lobster isn’t the Only Thing Maine is Known For
In the state of Maine, such as places like Bar Harbor and Lewiston, you’re totally free to enjoy delta 8 on your terms, as there really are no restrictions on how you can take it. Therefore, we recommend choosing from the various delta 8 products that are available to start a routine with this cannabinoid. Remember, shopping for delta8 online is more conducive to a successful routine.