Now that a lot of us are well-acquainted with the properties of CBD, the dominant compound in the hemp plant, we are finding ourselves eager to explore more of what hemp has to offer in terms of its unique cannabinoids. One of the most exciting hemp compounds to hit the market lately is delta 8 THC, which is a minor cannabinoid that can be extracted, isolated, and concentrated so that we can feel the full potential of its unique effects. Delta-8, unlike CBD, does have mild intoxicating properties, while also working directly with the body’s nervous system by binding to CB1 receptors.
Delta 8 is widely available these days thanks to its fast-growing popularity, but each state has its own laws regarding the hemp plant. If you live in Illinois, such as a Chicago or Rockford, you may have been hesitant to explore delta 8 out of fear that it’s illegal where you live and which products to purchase.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Illinois?
Delta 8 is legal in the state of Illinois. In fact, it has been legal federally since 2018, when the Farm Bill was passed in the United States which determined that hemp and its various cannabinoids could be sold and bought legally as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC.
Some states have decided to outlaw delta 8 for various reasons, but Illinois, along with the large majority of states throughout the country, have kept it legal. Here, you can legally purchase delta 8 in its many delivery methods and strengths, and there are no limits on possession.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Delta 8 can be found in all kinds of delivery methods and forms, making it easy for you to come up with a customized routine while still adhering to state law, whether you want to use it Springfield or Joliet. Let’s go over the most widely available delta-8 products that exist on the market so you can start shopping for the perfect product for you.
- Vape Cartridges: Small, disposable carts pre-filled with delta 8 vape oil, which attach to standard low-wattage vape pen devices. They come in all kinds of strains and strengths and are fully disposable.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Require zero maintenance and come fully put together and are replaced with a new one when the e-liquid runs out. Available in a variety of strains and strengths.
- Tinctures: Taken below the tongue, where they absorb through the sublingual tissue. In these formulas, the delta 8 extract is diluted in a carrier oil. You can choose from all kinds of flavors and concentrations.
- Edibles: Give you 8 to 10 hours of effects due to the nature of ingesting cannabinoids, and you can choose from all kinds of yummy flavors and potency levels.
- Capsules: Can produce effects as long-lasting as edibles, but they are swallowed like regular capsules. They contain minimal ingredients and come in various concentrations.
- Dabs: Comes from the special type of device required to inhale them. They’re very potent due to being so concentrated, and so they are best for experienced delta 8 users.
- Flower: Consists of raw hemp flower sprayed with, or dipped into delta 8 concentrate, thus making it more potent in terms of its delta 8 activity. Choose from a rich variety of strains that are available.
- Topicals: Used more for targeting particular areas of the body, as they only really penetrate the muscles and joints. Do not seem to produce psychoactive effects.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Illinois?
Now that you know of the different delta 8 products that are out there, let’s offer a buying guide in order to get the best product available. As you’ll see, buying delta 8 online is, in many ways, superior to shopping for it in person. Also, residents can legally have delta 8 shipped to their door in this state.
When you buy delta 8 online, you can check out basically every product that exists on the market. Buying it in person often leaves you with a limited selection to choose from, which can make it harder for you to build a routine around your preferences and goals.
Usually, delta 8 is sold for better prices online, and this is because of overhead. In-person stores have high overhead costs because running a physical store costs a lot of money. Online retailers do not have these expenses.
Often, you’ll find that delta-8 products sold online are made with higher quality standards, because online customers are more knowledgeable, and because the online market is highly competitive.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
When you buy online, you tend to get more special offers and discounts, because these companies must compete with other online retailers to get your attention, and also need to move inventory more quickly.
When purchasing delta 8 online, you are more likely to end up with a fresh product as the turnover rate is much faster due to a higher volume of customers.
Bulk Buying Options
There is a good chance that online retail will give you options to buy in bulk, while saving money overall. Online retailers have more inventory at any given time, thus allowing for this option.
Shopping online is undoubtedly more convenient, allowing you to explore products without getting off your couch.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
In the state of Illinois, you may come across some vape shops or gas station stores that carry some delta 8 products. While this may be convenient, ultimately these products are less likely to have high quality standards and freshness due to low demand in your local area. That being said, the products may be higher priced as well.
Enjoy Your Delta 8 in One of the More Popular Midwestern States
Illinois has allowed delta 8 THC to be used legally throughout the state, which means that residents can explore its various effects without risk of getting into trouble. As you can see, the delta 8 market offers tons of unique formulations, and the best place to choose your preferred products is online.