Ever since hemp first hit the scene years ago, new derivatives have hit the market, allowing us to explore the effects of the plant in all kinds of unique ways. The newest hemp compound that has got everyone talking is delta 8 THC, which is degraded delta 9 THC that offers only mildly intoxicating effects, while binding to cannabinoid receptors throughout the body’s nervous system. Delta 8 comes in all kinds of forms, just like CBD, and is becoming a highly sought-after choice for those who want more from the hemp plant.
Now, hemp laws can vary from state-to-state, which can leave a lot of residents wondering whether or not they will get into trouble for trying to acquire delta 8 THC. If you live in Hawaii, this guide is for you.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Hawaii?
Yes, delta 8 is legal in the state of Hawaii. This is the result of the 2018 Farm Bill, as it made hemp and its individual compounds legal according to federal law, with the exception of products possessing more than 0.3% delta 9 THC.
Individual states can modify these laws as they see fit, and some states have outlawed delta 8. In fact, a couple states have outlawed hemp altogether. But Hawaii has stuck to federal law, meaning that hemp can be used legally throughout the state. Hawaii residents are free to purchase delta-8 in any delivery method, concentration, or amount without risk of legal repercussion.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Delta 8 is legal in Hawaii, and can be found in all kinds of unique products and delivery methods. Now that we have established its legal status, let’s look at the variety of delta 8 products you can legally purchase in the state of Hawaii.
- Vape Cartridges: Fast-acting and easy to use, they are small glass cartridges containing delta 8 e-liquid, in various strains and concentrations, which easily attach to standard vape pen devices while being conveniently disposable.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Also, easy to use, as they do not need to be recharged or refilled, and they’re already assembled. The entire vaping system is thrown out when the e-liquid runs empty. Available in various strains and concentrations.
- Tinctures: Absorbed under the tongue, through the sublingual tissue. They come in dropper bottles and consist of delta 8 extract diluted in a carrier oil. You can find them in various strengths and flavors.
- Edibles: Allow you to ingest delta 8 THC, which can provide very long-lasting effects that are felt throughout the day. They come in all kinds of flavors as well as potency levels, and gummies are the most popular choice.
- Capsules: For those who want to take the cannabinoid like a daily supplement, as they are easily swallowed and come in various milligram strengths. Contain minimal ingredients so that they are easy on the digestive system.
- Dabs: Concentrates are commonly referred to as dabs, as they are used with a dabbing device that lets you either vape or smoke the compound. They are better for advanced users because their concentrated nature makes them highly potent.
- Flower: Takes loose buds of the hemp plant and infuses them with delta 8 extract to increase the potency of this cannabinoid. You can find delta-8 flower in a huge selection of strains.
- Topicals: Do not produce psychoactive effects since they absorb through the skin and stay localized to the joints and muscles.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Hawaii?
Now that you are aware of the different types of delta 8 products that are available in Hawaii, let’s talk about the various reasons why it’s better to buy these products online instead of in-person stores. It is fully legal to order delta 8 online as a Hawaii resident.
Buying delta 8 online lets you check out basically every delta-8 product that exists on the market, while the products stocked in stores tend to be quite limited. Therefore, buying online gives you a better chance of finding the perfect product for your preferences.
When you buy your delta 8 online, you can usually find better prices for the same quality of products. This is because online retailers are not stuck with as many overhead costs as physical stores, and therefore they can sell their products for lower prices.
Delta 8 sold online tends to be made with higher standards of quality, to satisfy a wider customer base and to compete with the many other companies that are on the market.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
When you shop online, you’ll have access to special discounts and deals because companies must work harder to compete for your attention.
Buying delta 8 online usually allows you to enjoy fresher inventory, as the delta 8 has not been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Online retailers have faster turnover rates, and this is key as delta 8 degrades over time and loses its effectiveness.
Bulk Buying Options
Another bonus of buying online is the options for buying in bulk, while saving money in the process. Online retailers can hold more product in their inventory, thus allowing this option to exist.
Buying delta 8 online provides the advantage of not having to leave home to buy what you are looking for.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
You may find that some stores in Hawaii do offer delta 8, but we recommend that you opt for online retail before making a purchase locally. Demand for delta 8 may be low in your area, which may mean that the products are made with lower quality standards, while being sold at higher prices. Further, the products may not be fresh, because if demand is low enough, the products will sit on shelves for a while.
Aloha Delta 8!
Ultimately, buying delta 8 in Hawaii is completely legal, and a lot of residents have already explored it through various delivery methods and products. If you wish to start a routine with this exciting cannabinoid, check out the various products available on the market and consider buying online.