Can I get Weed Delivery in Portland Oregon?
Weed delivery is a fast-growing market that is aiding in the thriving cannabis industry throughout Oregon. This unique type of service allows people to enjoy getting a fresh supply brought to their door with just about zero effort on their part, aside from pressing a few buttons on their phone. It means that those who are running short on their stash can continue to relax at home, knowing that within a short time, their favorite marijuana goods will be waiting for them at their doorstep. Sounds pretty nice, doesn’t it?
For anyone living in Portland, you might be wondering how to go about ordering weed via delivery, and what the restrictions are that limit how you can go about restocking your supply. Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Why Choose Weed Delivery in Portland?
Of course, the biggest advantage of going with weed delivery is the convenience factor. After all, who doesn’t want to be able to stay at home in their pajamas, watching their favorite TV show while they shop for bud? A lot of us know that dreaded moment when we realize that we have barely enough to fill a bowl, but it’s late, and we don’t want to get dressed and leave the house. Weed delivery is the ideal service in moments like these.
There’s another factor as well. Weed delivery makes marijuana accessible to those who are disabled and use it medicinally to manage their symptoms. We know that a lot of people who use marijuana on a daily basis are dealing with chronic ailments that make it difficult just to leave the house. For those people, this type of service truly makes life a lot easier, while ensuring that everyone can get access to marijuana legally as long as they are of age.
Is Weed Delivery Legal in Portland?
Many are surprised to learn that it wasn’t California or Colorado but Oregon who first initiated the weed delivery service business model. Weed was legalized in the state years ago, and state legislators did not take long to legalize a delivery service.
But Oregon does have some regulations that have been put into place.
- You must be 21 or older to purchase weed through a delivery service, as this is the legal age limit for using marijuana recreationally.
- You can’t order more than $100 worth of marijuana per trip, which isn’t too bad.
- Deliveries can only be made between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., which, like the other restrictions, isn’t ultimately all that limiting.
How to Choose the Best Weed Delivery Service in Portland
There are two primary ways to obtain legal weed via delivery in the state of Portland. First, we have to urge you to only go with a trusted delivery service to avoid ending up with poor products or, even worse, lost money.
- Use a third-party app which provides you with products from numerous dispensaries in your area. This way, you can be more particular about the products you select but know that you will either have to pay a fee, or the company will take a cut of the dispensary’s profits.
- Go with a delivery service provided directly by a dispensary in your area. Not all locations offer this, but those who do will deliver the products to your door without using a third party. The selection may be more limited, but you can likely save money, and so might the dispensary.
Process of Ordering Weed for Delivery in Portland
Now, let’s talk about the process of ordering marijuana via delivery in the city of Portland, using either method.
Method #1: Via a Third-Party App
To go with a third-party app, look for one that has positive reviews indicating that you can trust that their service is legitimate. Fill up your cart with the cannabis products that they show are available in your area, and then check out by providing your photo id to prove that you are of age, along with your payment method, address and phone number. You will be informed of your delivery time window, and likely be notified when the driver is nearby.
Method #2: Via a Local Dispensary
The alternative is ordering from the local dispensary that you trust, that offers a delivery service. First, make sure that they do offer this service before filling your cart. Then, you can simply fill your cart as you normally would when doing online shopping, and make sure that when you check out, you follow all of the instructions, including adding your photo ID, entering your address and so on. Again, you will probably be informed of the delivery time window so that you can know when your supply will arrive.
Things to Keep in Mind When Using a Weed Delivery Service
Just like any new service out there, these are just some things to be aware of.
- Always be cautious before you choose a delivery service. The cannabis industry in Oregon is so successful that it’s not unusual to find companies pretending to provide this service, who end up stealing your money. Always check reviews from locals to make sure that the company is legit.
- Delivery times can vary depending on where you live in relation to the dispensary, and the current traffic patterns. Obviously, ordering during rush hour will take longer than ordering later in the evening or midmorning. Therefore, be mindful that if it takes longer than usual, it may not be the driver’s fault.
- Many of these services allow you to tip the driver, and we encourage that you do so as many of them work extremely hard to make their daily deliveries.
Portlanders Now Have More Cannabis Ordering Options
Weed delivery has been available to Portland residents for a while now, and it is proven to be a successful service that makes marijuana even more accessible than ever before. If you would like to take advantage of this exciting service, then make sure that you follow all of the above information to have a smooth experience.